Thursday, February 19, 2015

Diigo vs Pinterest (social bookmarking & curating)

Trying to use Diigo and Pinterest, I would like to write something I felt while using them. 




<Diigo>



<Pinterst>


-Can you highlight text in saved sites? 

With Diigo, I can highlight text in saved sites. On the other hand, I just chose the interesting website and pin it with Pinterest. 

-Can you use multiple tags? 

Both are good to add multiple tags. It is very convenient for users to find the website or blogs they want to visit.

-Can you copy and paste from original article to appear in comments about site? 

Yes. Both are convenient for copying and past text from original article. However, in case of Pinterest, I have to go into the original website for that. 

-Can others post comments on your site? 

I can put comments on Diigo and Pinterest. When someone feel something about the posts or websites I'm sharing, they can put comments on my Diigo and Pinterest pin post anytime.

-Can you follow others?  Can they follow you? 

Of course. We can share our interest with others! I followed many English teachers boards and blogs, and they also can follow me if they want.

-Can you message people you follow? 

Yes, using Pintest, I can message to them pushing button shaped paper plane.

-Are you offered suggestions for related articles? 

Yes, they show me related articles automatically when I click some pin posts. 

-Would you continue to use either of these?  Which?  Why? 

I would like to use Diigo and Pinterest both. Diigo is so useful to assess to my favorite websites, especially any devices! And Pinterest is so nice to see all the post I've interested, in one site at the same time. 

According to the purpose of using these social bookmarking and curating websites, we can use these tools effectively. 
It is certain that these website are quite useful for teachers and learners in that they provide various opportunities to access others' creative thoughts about the ways of teaching and learning.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good review of these social bookmarking tools . Will you put the same information in both?

    ReplyDelete