Monday, April 20, 2015

My picture book for flipped lesson

My Storybird link





            I made short picture story in Storybird. As they provided nice drawings, teachers can make their own teaching materials especially based on reading. My story is about the day of mole mom Mary and her two sons. I refer to Michigan English Language Proficiency Standards for K-12 schools, especially R.5.2.c restate fact and details of fact.




             Making this story, I tried to put useful expressions frequently used in daily life. The target students are from pre-school students to elementary third graders. As my target students are young, I focused on their ability to restate the fact and details. Through making their own story, students can use the words and expressions I used in this material. 

            Students will be able to make their own story with very short sentences and beautiful drawings. They can review what they have learned through the lesson. I will give them an reading quiz to ask them what they have read in this story.


1 comment:

  1. An interesting activity to do with younger students would be to have them create a story with you as in the Language Experience Approach. You could show them each picture on a white board or smartboard, for example, and have them create the text which you then enter. That way they will have created a story.

    ReplyDelete